Monday, October 1, 2012

I'm going for it...even if I'm squeamish.




It's funny.
You haven't heard from me in months.
When you do, I decide to blog about something uber personal.

Well, I did the math.
Once a month for about 25 years, my "Aunt Flo" has said "I'm here!"..minus a couple months for pregnancy and nursing my young.
It added up to roughly $2500...you know!, the stuff, the stuff you need.

Seriously?!  You ask?
Yeah, I am gonna go there.  I thought why not?
Most of you reading this have an "Aunt Flo" too!



So, I have a friend ...whom will remain nameless, cuz she isn't as bold as me, and she begged me not to name her name.... 
She told me about an awesome invention, that at first made me super squeamish and uncomfortable and disgusted all at the same time.

And then she handed it to me, so that I didn't have to even go online, and order it, or research it, or devour all the information, for the questions I had.
It did take a couple of months to get the hang of it. (Eww.)
Now, I love it.
A lot.
Cuz it saves me time and money, and unpleasantries.

And if you think you can't handle it....my 18 year old nanny tried it this summer and she is hooked!

Wanna know more?

I'm gonna have to refer to a link.  Cuz, some of you may have not even made it to the end of this post.

Any questions?  You can call/text/make a comment/email me.

Oh, and I love their tag line, "Being a woman just got easier."

Toodles and awkwardness....

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love your red tent :) Hmmm, you have a point and one I have considered, but being it took me years to try tampons...maybe I'll warm up to this sooner :) Thanks for being so open!

Unknown said...

Anything that makes "Aunt Flo's" visit easier to endure, I'm all for! The other answer to her is cleaning house so that she never stops by again! It's THE DREAM OPERATION which I highly recommend! You are courageous, Baby Girl!

Anonymous said...

I love it! (the post, not the cup) You are a brave girl! Hope you dont mind if I reference this post!
Karri

Misty Harper-Anderson said...

I am intrigued by this idea...a little weirded out but intrigued. I just love your candidness (is that a word?). Additionally, I wonder how long you have to search for the photos that fit so perfectly with this post.