Monday, January 17, 2011

Call me a freak, I LOVE brussel sprouts


Back in the day when I was pregnant with my 
daughter, I had a couple of pregnancy cravings.
One was tabbouleh salad, I ate it almost 3 times a week
and I craved it hard core.  There was a restaurant in Las Vegas that
I could easily go pick it up, so I did, a lot.

I also hung out with a friend who was from Louisiana and 
she made me brussel sprouts with dinner one night.
I hadn't had them since I was probably 10 years old.
I don't know why...but I was hooked. 
I craved tabbouleh salad and brussel sprouts and everyone
around me was weirded out.....and I still like them.

I got a great recipe from my sister-in-law, Kip
that includes brussel sprouts.  I have no plans of looking like I can
cook or photograph food like Pioneer Woman, but
I had to share my photo and my recipe.



Whether you like brussel sprouts or not,
you just have to try this...so easy and soo good!

1 lb. Brussel Sprouts
2 Tbls Olive Oil
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup Craisins

Shred brussel sprouts, add to heated olive oil.  Cook along with spices for
3-5 minutes until sprouts are wilted, but still green.  Add nuts and Craisins and 
stir and toss for another minute or so.

Does anyone else like brussel sprouts? 
I just can't be alone in this.

6 comments:

lhoffman said...

Hmmm. Can't say I'm a fan, but haven't really given them a fair shot. Will have to try this when I get back from my trip!

Shannon said...

My bother-in-law made whole brussel sprouts for Thanksgiving dinner and I was NOT a fan. But this recipe - chopped up - I think I could try.

I will give the sprouts a second chance.

Thank you. :)

Beth said...

You know who has phenomenal brussel sprouts, Ciao Bella. They are smothered in butter and honey and are to. die. for.

Molly Page said...

I love brussel sprouts! But, I made them for Turkey day and got several nasty looks from guests. Boo on them.
That recipe sounds yummy.
Now, how do you make your tabbouleh?

Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

Unknown said...

They're so cute and so beautiful. Mostly they're SO good for your body!

Be healthy, baby girl.

Anonymous said...

brussel sprouts are a favorite for my hubby and i...good even just steamed with salt and pepper.