Saturday, March 19, 2011

Petunia Rose R.I.P.

Petunia Rose, you will be missed.


Only a few months ago, my parents lost their first
dog, Lilly, a yellow lab who lived a long life.

Now, sweet little "Tuney" has left us, and quite
suddenly in fact....maybe that's the hardest part.
She had a rare liver disease that took over her tiny
little, 5.5 pound body, and rather than watch her suffer
she had to be put down.

This lil' maltese was truly a gem.
She didn't quite reach her 9th birthday,
these little dogs usually live years longer than that.
Even on her last day, her eyes were bright and 
her tail was up!

{Petunia on left, my dog Lucy on right}
 
She was all spunk, sass, and was always willing
to please.  A warm lap was all she needed and maybe some
ear scratches. 


She may have been small in size, but she was huge in our hearts.
We will miss you so much little "Tuney",
all your cute cuddle noises, 
and your tiny claws on the kitchen floor.


Those of you that own dogs know how the 
loss can affect you....
.....all doggies go to heaven!!

Hang in there Mom & Dad, 
I love you, so.very.much.

2 comments:

Crazy Wonderful said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I was 24 when I lost my childhood cat Cupcake. She had been around FOREVER. It was the hardest thing. They live on in our hearts and will never be forgotten :)

Shelley

Tember said...

So sorry Suz, for you and your folks...