Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love em' up



You may consider it a "Hallmark Holiday".


Something you don't have time for or nothing
to make a big deal about.



Not me....



Today, I savor my coffee, my warm house, my
sweet babies - and their delight at the tiny gifts 
I laid out for them.



Today, I kiss them more than normal and ask
them over and over "Will you be my Valentine?"....
......"Do you know how much your Momma loves you?".


I want to teach them how to love others.
To be kind. To be a light. 


To care for even the smallest
of details in others.
To learn how to make others feel special.


I choose to make it a day to teach them how to 
Love.


"Love is not an affectionate feeling, but a steady
wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as
it can be obtained."
C.S.Lewis

"Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions." 1 John 3:18 

{All images via WeHeartIt}



Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Suzanne,

You got to the heart of the matter. Learning that you are loved and learning to how to love others is HUGE! Good mom you are!

Love,
Your Mom