Friday, October 25, 2013

It started with the Office Chair



It all started with an office chair.

I work at home and my butt wasn't comfortable and I was finding myself at the chiropractor weekly.

When I realized it was because I needed a comfortable office chair, I just decided to keep going with decorating the whole room.  

It was time to make the front room- my office, in a really official way.



So, here we go....

I had Branmuffin and my Dad pop that light fixture
in that I scored from Overstock.com.

I found some prints online and framed them in IKEA frames.



The inspiration board was made last winter 
and went well with the look.




The tulle curtains were at IKEA and I added
the pom pom edge to tie them back.

The mint desk accessories are from Staples
....the Martha Stewart office line...
what doesn't that woman touch??


This stripe fabric was found online and replaced 
what was in there originally.
I just thought it added a french bistro look.
I don't do very glamorous work,
so I just surround myself with
glamorous things...it works.



Bought this little futon couch from Target.com
with some throw pillows thrown in from
Marshalls. The little polka dot one was sewn by me
along with the pad on my little white chair.


The little poof was on clearance at Target this summer....
$13 I think!


I made this flower arrangement with
some FAKE flowers.

So wish I was cool enough to have fresh flowers delivered weekly,
but ...I guess feeding the kiddos ranks higher.




Lastly, I found these curtains at IKEA and sewed on this
pom pom trim to tie the room together.
These curtains hang where I have french doors
and add some privacy when I
take an important call...true, but it's just work, 
I don't have an assistant or PR person at this point in the game.




I can't believe it started out looking like this....
see this post when it was my parlor.



Sorry I have been a distant blogger,
I will work on my communication and
connecting with Y'all....

I have a business venture to announce.

Give me a day or two.

Any questions on the office details?  Hit me up in the comments section!



Photobucket

3 comments:

aheroff2512 said...

If you ever need a PR assistant hit me up for an intern ;)

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

Yeah you're back!! Love the office makeover! you did a great job!!

Unknown said...

Your post is really very nice and beautiful. your post have nice furniture's Designs.